Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year's Hike

Mom and Dad like to hike in the woods with Camden,
so Mom got Dad this nifty backpack for Christmas.
Now I get to go hiking too!

Unlike my friends who spent the day watching football
I got shoved in the backpack and taken out into nature.
It was 55 degrees here today, so no lounging inside!

We went up to Carderock along the Potomac River.
Mom walked Camden.

I fell asleep for awhile.
It was very cozy in the backpack, and thus perfect for a nap.

We also saw some ducks . . .

and a Great Blue Heron!

Overall, I give the backpack and the hike two thumbs up.

A good New Year's day!

1 comment:

  1. I love Caderock. It's been so long I had forgotten about it. Glad y'all introduced Sam to it, although he looks a little less than enthused! Give him time, I guess!

    ReplyDelete