Saturday, August 28, 2010

A hot summer Saturday

Today we drove all over town, and Mom and Dad made me sit in the stroller for a long time. First we went out to lunch and I got all hot and sweaty so I had to have a good cry over that for a few minutes. Once I cooled off and calmed down we went to Glen Echo Park. It is a hip, old amusement park that is now home to lots of artsy fartsy people in D.C. They also have this super cool merry-go-round. You can tell from the picture how excited I was about it ... that's right, I took a nap. But maybe next summer I can ride on the merry-go-round with Dad. We ended the day with a grocery shopping excursion, which I was also not thrilled about, so I cried all the way home to let my parents know how annoyed I was. Once we got home Mom and Dad gave me lots of kisses and cuddles and apologized for making me ride in that darn car seat---it's so constricting! But overall it was a fun day, I saw lots of neat places in the city, and Mom and Dad enjoyed getting some fresh air.

2 comments:

  1. Sam, I think it was really, really nice of you to let you parents out for a while. You're quite a good sport about all this trekking around town in the heat. Wait 'til winter comes and they beg you to let them go sledding or something. I'd think long and hard about that one. Maybe talk it over with Camden....or text me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,

    I can't wait till we can ride the merry-go-round together! Its one of my favorite places!

    love,
    Mags

    ReplyDelete