Sunday, July 15, 2012

Assisi!

Friday afternoon, Dad and I met up with Mom at Roma Termini,
the big train station. We boarded a train headed for Assisi!



I love to watch my movies when I travel.


We stayed at the "Green Hotel," which was basically a campground.
It had a place for tents and motorhomes, and cute little chalets, like this one,
in which we stayed for two nights!


Saturday morning we headed up into the city of Assisi
to see the church of St. Francis.  He liked dogs.





We went for a stroll in the Franciscan gardens.




I love a fountain!


Here is the Temple of Minerva.
It's 2000 years old!


I ate a lollipop on the steps of a 2000 year old building!




After touring Assisi all morning (and I was a pretty good kid the entire time),
I got to go swimming.  They made us wear these silly swim caps!


Do I look like Michael Phelps?



Back to Rome on the train! 





2 comments:

  1. and i thought bowling shoes were bad...other peeps swim caps!

    looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so great. Sam looks like he is right at home.

    ReplyDelete